Residential sales recorded through the MLS® System of the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® came in above year-ago levels in April 2016. Home sales numbered 372 units in April 2016, rising 34.8 % from a year earlier.
The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® comprises two distinctive markets. Home sales in the Western Region which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands numbered 243, an increase of 32.1% on a year-over-year basis.
Again, residential listings were down – 343 new listings for the month of April, down -11.1% and total number of listings in the system – 609, down by -32.6%.
The MLS ® Statistical Report shows all real estate types for the Western Region. All real estate sales totalled 286 units, an increase of 35% in April, and 21% year-to-date, while listings for the month of April totalled 427, down by -12%, and year-to-date -9%.
Total sales dollar volume for the month of April was $99,831,289, up a staggering 40% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 27% year-to-date.
Sales were up in all price categories, with 1 41.7% increase in the $1.0 million + and 39.4% increase in the price range $500K to $799,999.
All markets were up from the same period in 2015:
- Clearview: 32 units sold – an increase of 146% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 12.2% to $401,762
- Collingwood: 35 units sold – an increase of 45% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 8.8% to $388,293
- Municipality of Meaford: 16 units sold – an increase of 23% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 3.5% to $310,711
- The Blue Mountains: 17 units sold -an increase of 6.25% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 11.2% to $637,485
- Wasaga Beach: 70 units sold – an increase of 15% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 8.2% to $318,611
4 Reasons to Sell Your Home Now
1.) Sale prices are at all-time highs. Home prices in the Georgian Triangle area hit new highs last month. You may be surprised at how much your home is worth today.
2.) Competition among buyers is driving prices even higher. Despite increasing prices, there is intense competition among buyers because inventory is at all-time lows. That means multiple offer and bidding wars, increasing the likelihood that your home will sell above your asking price.
3.) Homes are selling fast. With such limited inventory, homes in Collingwood & Blue Mountains are selling rapidly – sometimes in days. If you list your house now, chances are you’ll get a buyer quickly.
4.) You can make the sale work to your needs. With competition for homes so fierce, you have the freedom to ask for concessions. Do you want stay in the home a few months after the sale? Many buyers are willing to do what it takes to get the home they want.
It’s a seller’s market.
Are you ready to take advantage of it?