May 2018 Highlights
- Residential home sales totalled 320 units in May 2018, down -32.6% from a record-breaking May 2017.
- New residential listings in May 2018 – 667 units, down -14.9% from a year earlier.
- Year-to-date home sales numbered 1154 units, down -32.3% from this time last year.
- Home Sales in the *Western Region numbered 194 units, down -32.6% from May 2017.
- Year-to-date home sales in the Western Region numbered 743 units, down 28.3% from this time last year.
- The average price in May in the Western Region was $530,316 up 7.9% from this time last year.
- The year-to-date average price in the Western Region was $486,662 up 1.3% from this time last year.
While sales activity is trending at lower levels, a big part of the large year-over-year decline reflects how strong the market was last year and the critical shortage of listings in May 2018.
* The Western District includes Wasaga Beach, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and portions of the Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands