Real Estate Market Update February 2016
Western Region of Southern Georgian Bay Association of Realtors includes the Towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach, Clearview Township, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
The residential single family home market continued the record breaking trend of increased number of units sold and low inventory. The numbers below do not include condo sales.
- 159 single family homes sold in February, an increase of 39.5% over February 2015
- new listings down 5.5% and overall listings on the system down 32.1%
Single Family Residential Sales by Area February 2016 / 2015
Clearview, followed by Wasaga Beach and Collingwood saw an increase in number of homes sold while The Blue Mountains and Meaford had fewer unit sales.
- 19 homes sold – an increase of 137.5%
- 12 month average price down -0.7%
- 41 homes sold – an increase of 13.9%
- 12 month average price up 4.8%
The Blue Mountains
- 20 homes sold, a decrease of -28.6%
- 12 month average price up 14.3
The Municipality of Meaford
- 5 homes sold, a decrease of -64.3%
- 12 month average price up 8%
- 68 homes sold – an increase of 70%
- 12 month average price up 9.3%
All Property Types in the Western Region
- total listings down 15.1% over February 2015
- 288 total units sold – an increase of 25.8%
- sales dollar volume up 30.2%
- sales in the $800,000 to $1,000,000 were up 133%