Southern Georgian Bay Home Sales Dip Below Average in July
Residential sales recorded through the MLS® System of the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® came in below record year-ago levels in July 2017.
Home sales in the Western Region, which includes Wasaga Beach, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and part of Grey Highlands:
- Sales Dollar Volume was down -18% for all real estate Western Region at $80,861,900
- Year to Date sales dollar volume remains up by 19% at $714,388,943
- July unit sales fell 33% on a year-over-year basis to 177 units in July 2017
- Year to Date unit sales are down by -5% at 1566 units
- Number of new listings for July was 321, down -2%
- Year to Date New Listings are down -14% at 2335.
The average price of homes sold in the Western Region was $453,678 in July 2017. This was an increase of 22.8% from a year earlier. The year-to-date average price in the Western Region was $468,508, up 28.7% from the same time last year.
With overall supply levels at low levels the current market remains very much in favour of sellers.
View updated market graphs including community specific stats HERE